Software Update

I'm now back to running Aperture 3 at 64-bit after the last update. I also recommend running the ProKit update as well. It seems to have fixed some issues around crashing when using the new brush feature. So far so good.

Aperture 3 seems a little more adept at switching between libraries. So I might take some time and retire/archive some of my old projects and just keep a library offline. It'll reduce the weight of the library that I carry around with me on my laptop and hopefully it'll also improve performance.

4 comments:

March 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM Ryan said...

So you think the coast is clear? I've been waiting on the update so far, sounds like it's been a tough one.

March 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM Henry said...

It seems relatively stable so far. But I updated my library before all the updates came through. I'm going to turn on my Faces tonight and see how it handles.

March 4, 2010 at 12:13 PM Henry said...

Faces is still really slow and terribly inaccurate with certain people. Not sure if it's worth the overhead.

March 8, 2010 at 10:31 PM Henry said...

I'm back to 32-bit again since there are some plug-ins that I depend on and it requires that I run in 32-bit.

Post a Comment